Sunday 15 December 2013

Bovington Tank Museum #2

I visited The Tank Museum once again at the end of October 2013, year after my first trip. This time I went with quite good idea what I want to see and take a picture of for reference library, all objects of my interests (many I am yet to build) were neatly noted and ticked off not to miss anything, at some point I felt like little boy in Christmas shop hunting for gifts. The bonus, as it turned out, was the Annual Pass for UK tax payers, which granted free access for a year. Shame really I could not visit more often, as 3 - 3,5 hours drive is the issue here. Nevertheless, this was not my last trip to Dorset, there are many more objects to be seen, Great War and modern tanks I am not yet interested in, but before traveling in time, I need to expire major subjects from Second World War period. 


One of security staff claimed 2 days are required to see everything, but I could easily spend a week there and be not entirely done. Also I heard some interesting facts about couple of exhibits - Panther, which was one of few built by British out of remaining components available at overtaken factories in 1945. Also Panzer II, as well as Panzer I, were originally captured in Africa, repainted in Grey & Brown to fit certain period exhibition. There are some indicators of original color though, showing through scratches and paint chips on the insignia. 



 
 
 
 

 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 




 
 
 
 
 
 


 
 

 
 
 


 
 
 




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
 

 

 

 
 
 


 
 


 






 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 



 




 
 
 
 





 





 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 





 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment