Sunday 8 April 2012

Sdkfz 124 Wespe #2

I have managed to finish all wheels. Sprockets, stretching wheels, main wheels and supporting wheels (20  in total, 10 main, 2 sprockets, 2 stretchers and 6 supporting).

Unfortunately main wheels had to be reworked (point where I almost lost motivation to carry out works on the model), width was to great (by 1mm) to fit onto single tracks. In effect every wheel had to be stripped down, and the top strip/edge cut down to required size. First I tried to push one side in, without disassembly, sand down sticking out edge and paint it over. It turned out to be too messy and time consuming, while cutting down stripped part to size proved better. Outcome is not great, but not the worst after all.

I did not fix any holding pins and other connections. Main wheels will have to fit exactly where the sprocket is, and wheel itself is mounted on equalizer spring unit which is finally fixed to lower hull. 10 of these units, single per wheel, are my next objective. I am currently preparing springs and completing main body reinforcements (same shape as body but 1mm thick, 4 per 1 so I have to cut out 40). I will also leave them for now without any connectors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment