Tuesday 20 March 2012

Sdkfz 234/2 Puma #7

Model is taking proper shape now, as I have added more details to the main body. I have made engine plate with all the hatches and grilles and side armor details as well. These were pretty easy to make but time consuming as most sides of each part had to be painted. Making gray extraction units took some time, especially approaching with cautiousness after being informed by fellow modelers that some problems may occur there. I did my checking ("try few times before fixing it") and it turned out to be quite alright. Main outer strip (round shaped, with the hole cut for extraction pipes which I will add up later on to avoid problems with handling) was 1mm too long on each end - that is nothing good pair of scissors won't fix. I made pipes out of copper cable (2mm diameter), painted to suit rest of the unit. 

Most of the model is already done, so now I will have all great fun with very small bits -  jerry cans, bumpers, lights, hooks, antennas and visors (visors will be made in open position to let some light in into the interior) . As some people say The Devils is in Details and I totally agree -  details will probably take more time than making the whole body... 

No comments:

Post a Comment