Friday 2 March 2012

Sdkfz 234/2 Puma

  Sdkfz 234/2 Puma is my current project - German 8 wheeler, heavy armored car from World War II. It is a paper/card model, from MODELIK publisher. As the matter of fact, it is my second approach to this "kitten". A few years ago I started building it, made only carcass and cut out few other pieces but during moving house (I was leaving my university and going home for holidays)   I lost what I have done and left only with remains of the models. Recently I have purchased another copy of it and got back to work, from scratch after copying few sheets with missing parts.

So far I made 9 wheels (one spare mounted at the back), upper and lower hull's carcass with the interior (which is not too complex or historically accurate, but it is an interior after all, not entirely visible though; it was also my first attempt to do a model in full detail available) features front and rear drivers compartment, battle compartment (in hull as well as in the turret, not made yet). Carcass has been covered by outer body and suspension has been started. In every vehicle suspension is the most time consuming and patience requiring part of the model, so I brace myself and prepare for couple weeks of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment